Monday, December 5, 2016

I am thankful for....

I figured that since Thanksgiving was a couple days ago, I would switch things up and simplify my email.  My companion and I sang the hymn “count your many blessing” all week long and I also came up with a list of things that I was thankful for.  But before I even get to the list, the thing I am most grateful for this year, is the opportunity I have to be a missionary , here in Hungary.  The gospel is without a doubt one of the biggest blessings in my life and is such a great source of peace and happiness.  I cannot even begin to describe the growth I have experienced within myself and I know that the testimony I have today would not have come any other way if it weren’t for the mission.


^Christmas Socks! and Yes, I wore them tracting and got lots of weird looks!  woohoo!

Of course, I am thankful for my family and friends at home.  I have seriously been blessed with the best.  I feel everyone’s love and support every day and don’t know where I would be without them.  As hard as it is being away for the holidays, getting to spend holidays with my Hungarian family is such a special memory and I am enjoying every minute I have with them!  


Here’s some more from the list:

I AM THANKFUL FOR:

  • how patient Hungarians are with us trying to speak Hungarian
  • when my companion surprises me and makes my bed
  • ZSOFI & Zsofi’s hugs. They are the very best!
^Zsofi - I love her so much!
  • Perspective.  Thank you mission 
  • fresh pékseg bread 
  • Hymns in Hungarian  And harmonizing with other missionaries
  • genuine people
  • The néni that sits in her window and blows kisses to us as we walk by
  • $1.00 Christmas socks we found at a Chinese store
  • President and Sister Szabadkai
  • Unconditional love
  • JÓZSI BÁCSI!  He took us out - again - to a nice restaurant where we had a 4 - course (very Hungarian) thanksgiving feast!  Everything Turkey!  I even had a piece of turkey throat in my soup! (see photos of our meal at the end of this email)  I love JÓZSI BÁCSI so darn much.  I will never be able to accurately express just how much I appreciate this man!
^Jozsi Bacsi - the kindest soul you will ever meet!
  • when people surprise us and try to speak english with us while tracting
  • notes from my little cousins 
  • Eva, a less active member we have been meeting with since I got to Duna.  She had not been to church in over 3 months and we finally got her to come on Sunday!  Seeing a change in her and to see how far she has come makes it ALL worth it!
  • the primary program they did at church yesterday!  I love my Duna family.  And I just want to be with the little kids all day.

Obviously that is just a few things, but if I kept going we would be here all day, haha!  It really just made me want to ALWAYS remember the blessing God has given me, not just around this time of year.  There is so much to be thankful for.  

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.  I send you all my love!  Take care and more to come next week.

Sok szeretettel, 

Gertsch Nővér 

Our Thanksgiving feast!  Turkey 4 ways! 











No comments:

Post a Comment