Sunday, March 5, 2017

Brooke Gertsch Mission Update 2/21 & 2/27

Sorry!  I got behind again!  These are Brooke's last 2 emails!  

2/21/2017

Transfers? Here already? 
The talk of the missioon was that the 10-week transfers are really long. But these 10 weeks were so packed with adventures and miracles and if the "long" transfer flew by, I am scared for how quickly these next 8 weeks will pass. But ALWAYS going to try my best to make every single moment count. I apologize for how short this email will be. So many special things happened this week, but with transfers, I am a tad bit frazzled! Forgive me. Next week will be better! and i will be able to send pictures! 
Well, I feel like it was only yesterday that i was doing this, but this morning we recieved our transfer calls....and i get to stay in the beautiful city of Győr! It was such an answer to my prayers. I have made so many connections with the people here and I could feel deep down inside I am not finished here. So motivated to keep finding and helping those the Lord needs me to find and help! Sadly, my sweet companion, Smith Nővér, will be leaving. I leared so much from her and she definitely has one of the biggest hearts. Evans Nővér will be my new companion and I am so excited to serve with her! She is hilarious and plays the ukulele. So I am ready to jam. And work really hard too, haha. 
You know, transfers used to make me so sick. The unknown, the anticipation of the call, the change (and not to mention feelings of inadequacy and wanting a certain thing to happen) attack you all at once. My first few transfer calls- my companions and friends can attest- I was a total mess. So scared. Then the transfer would go better than ever to be expected and in my companion I found a lifelong friend. The Lord always knows exactly what I need. And I know that. I have felt that so many times. this transfer call was a whole lot different. Granted- yes, i did pace around the apartment all morning. But I really felt at peace because I trusted in the Lord. And do now more than ever before. If anything, I have learned that extremely valuable lesson while out here and I know I will be needing that confidence in Him throughout the rest of my life. 
Okay, that is all for this week! I promise the next week will be more detailed and exciting haha. 
I love you all. 
Have a great and wonderful week! 
Sok szeretettel, 
Gertsch Nővér

2/27/17

so we are emailing in this library where i cannot figure out how to upload pictures! i apologize for none this week, going to get something figured out ASAP! 

A special thing happened at transfers this last week. Back i the MTC, Mason and Roche Nővér and I were all companions in a trio. Unfortunately, Roche wasnt able to come out to hungary with us due to health problems. but we remained best friends and emailed every week for the past year. she got better and was given another opportunity to come out! At transfers, Mason Nővér and I practically tackled her ad we had quite the emotioal and glorious reunion. so proud of her. she is such a great example of strength and dedication ad i am excited to have her here in the country! so that was a great way to end the transfer. 

TRANSFER #7. It has only been one week, but it has already been so much fun. for starters- my new companion, Evans Nővér, is incredible. She is such an amazing missionary and makes me laugh all day every day. always get blessed with the best. 

Hungary has this holiday called "farsang" which is kind of like halloween in February. we went as cats ad the ward threw a party and we ate a whole bunch of homemade donuts ad got to sped time with my favorite people. it was super funny (well actually awkward..) it was a costume party, yet the only ones that actually dressed up was my companion and I. haha. so funy. it really was though. and the next day at church, everyone was calling us the "macskák" and i think we will be forever known as the cats. cool. 

This week we met with oe of our progressing investigators, Tibor. He was actually progressing so much the past couple of weeks. even came to church! when i brought Evans Nővér over to meet him, he seemed super depressed again ad it had seemed like all of the progress we had been making with him had disappeared. It was so hard for me. but as we were in the lesson, i all of a sudden had a glimpse of how Heavenly Father feels with us. none of us are perfect and no matter how far we get, sometimes we still fall. sometimes we still take a step back. the amount of patience He has is impossible for us to comprehend. But i am so incredibly thankful for his grace and mercy and do not know where i would be without it. so as hard as it was for me, i learned a lesson myself and gained a new perspective. we talked about prayer and went back to the basics. it was the that i asked him to pray (keep in mind he does NOT like praying in front of people) ad he offered one of the most heart-felt and sincere prayers I have ever heard. As he finished, i was beaming and had tears in my eyes because I was so proud of him! He let down his wall and the spirit was able to touch all of us- Now i just hope and pray that he continues to access Heavenly Father through this simple gift. Prayer really is a gift. 

Well, that is all for this week! But i am positive that this transfer will be the best one yet. 
Készen állok. 

Have a wonderful week! 
Sok szeretettel, 
Gertsch Nővér 


Psalms 27:14


No comments:

Post a Comment