Monday, January 18, 2016

Hello Week 6!!

Jo napot családom és barátokeim Nagyon hiányolom titeket és remélem hogy jo vagytok!!! (Good day family and friends, I really miss you and hope that you are well!”)

If time moves as fast as last week did, then I will be in Hungary in no time! 
This week was not very different from the last few! It's cool to feel like we are these old, wise, seasoned missionaries now that everyone has left before us!!! It is still snowing!!! It is the middle of January and I definitely have my California forecast in mind!!! But it's all good, I am getting ready for Hungary! Actually I am ready for Hungary! Our teachers are talking more and more about the country and their experiences they had on their missions AND we saw a bunch of pictures of all over Hungary and I was seriously jumping up and down in my chair because AHHHHHHHH!!!! I feel such a connection to that country and its people and they don't even know I'm coming yet ;) The highlight of my week was finding out there was a Sister missionary from Hungary going to serve her mission in Arizona here in the MTC! Once our district heard about her, we watched and watched and waited and FINALLY found her at the end of the week. I think we are all so obsessed with her because she is the only piece of Hungary we can get our hands on! The poor sister is probably so freaked out by 10 missionaries running over to her whenever we see her, but we just love her so much and have so much fun practicing our Hungarian with her! She is the best and we plan to get a picture with her this week! 



Funny story for the week- Mason Nővér and I were feeling pretty sluggish with sitting all day and the oh so healthy MTC food, so we decided to do an exercise workout to feel more in shape. Long story short, we overworked our muscles and were SO INCREDIBLY SORE for three days straight. And to make things even better, we have to walk up 5 flights of stairs for class 3 times a day!!! We laugh about it so hard, but while we were whimpering and waddling at the beginning of the week, it was a different story! Lesson learned, I think I will stick to running during gym!



This week must be sick week or something because both of my companions took turns having a stomach bug and headaches and now a cold! I have been so incredibly blessed with the best health I have ever had and not gotten sick once! (knock on wood) I think God knows if I get sick I will go into depression from wanting my mommy so bad! Everyone is feeling better so I hope this week we can dive back into some hardcore studying!

This week we had some super amazing speakers at our devotionals!!!
 1. Elder Neil L. Andersen, one of the Twelve Apostles! He was so sweet and gave me so much inspiration to have my witness of Christ always at the tip of my lips. Be ready to share the message at any time with anyone. And that the first conversion on our mission should be ourselves. 



I have truly experienced this in the past week more than I have in my entire life. I was so scared to get out to Hungary and not know if I would have a strong testimony on what I will be teaching the people there and I definitely had that moment of "Oh my gosh what am I doing here". Which is normal, or so my family tells me! What changed my attitude and overall testimony of this gospel was the day I started to read the Book of Mormon. That accompanied with praying earnestly every night, I have gained more assurance of the truth and have felt so much peace this week. And the coolest thing is that as I feel more and more confident of my testimony, the easier it is to teach lessons and I have even MORE motivation to keep learning and working harder and harder! I read a scripture that was the cherry on top. In 2 Nephi ch.28:30, it talks about how the spirit will reveal the truth "line upon line precept upon precept" (Mom I know you will start singing the song from Saturday's Warriors haha) but for real. That is how I have been receiving revelation this week! And then when I was giving my talk (in Hungarian) yesterday in Sacrament meeting (which was really good I wish you could have heard it) as I bore my testimony I totally lost it, because I know that what I am saying is true! I wont go on for too long, but I am the happiest to belong to Az Ultosó Napok Syentjeinek Jézus Krisztus Egyháza, or the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love Christ with all my heart and feel his atoning sacrifice in my life every day. He is what I strive to be and I am so thankful to have him as a best friend and someone I can rely on throughout my life. 

2. Last night we had Janice Kapp Perry, the woman who wrote As Sisters in Zion and she was so funny and so sweet and had us sing primary songs that had me and roche nővér bawling like little babies! It was a walk down memory lanes and made us so excited to find a husband and be as cute as her and her husband were!!! 



Okay so all in all, I am stircrazy, impatient, yet spiritually full and happy and missing home but even more excited for the future!!! So many emotions but you know me, always happy! I have been blessed with great health and a whole lot of strength to be away from my favorite people for so long! I have pictures up in my room and they cover the walls and at first I let them get me down and depressed, but now I look at them with the fullest heart to know that I am the luckiest girl to have all of you to call family! Keep sending pictures, especially of the little ones because I love love love to see them getting bigger! Szeretlek és beszélni fogom nektek majd!
All my love, 
B

No comments:

Post a Comment