Tuesday, April 12, 2016

4 MONTHS ALREADY? Week 18 Update

4 MONTHS ALREADY?



Don’t get me wrong, I try my absolute best to “make the days count” instead of count the days.  But honestly, I cannot believe I have been gone for 126 days!  CRAZY!  And now we are at the end of the first transfer - in Hungary - and I have gained so much experience I would not have the opportunity to experience anywhere else!  


As I’ve said in my past emails, SPRING is definitely here in Szeged and I’m in love!! Flowers everywhere and so much green!  I don’t know why, but when the weather gets better, I get happier and so do others around me.  Apologies for all my flower pics - my camera doesn’t even do it justice!




HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK:

We met with two amazing members - Kitti and Timi.  They are both Single Young Adults in our branch.  We met with them and had Rootbeer Floats.  Talk about missing home!  It’s nice having some foods that taste the same and the best people to drink it with.


STORIES FOR THE WEEK:
  • Meeting the sweetest family - At the beginning of last week, we went out to a falu, or village, and got to meet with a family that lives far from Szeged.  I could say so much, but in short, they all have such a strong unity and it was amazing to see how strong there testimonies were.  Seriously, my testimony grows so much just from people like these that go through a lot and at the end of the day, still have a smile another face and a great relationship with God.

  • So yesterday, we were trying to look up less-active members and were having no luck.  We randomly decided to tract this one building, and no one answered, except this old lady, and she let us in!  That doesn’t happen too often!  haha, so we came in (and she was so cute scooting around with her little walker).  As we got to the living room, there was another little old lady and it turns out they are mother and daughter.  We were guessing that the mom was definitely in her 90’s and the daughter late 70’s or 80’s.  They were so adorable !  It took about 2 minutes before they began to tell their life stories and both their husbands died and they only have each other.  It gets more precious.  We asked if we could share a scripture and they absolutely loved it and love God.  We gave the mother a Book of Mormon and when we told her it was free and our gift to her, she began to cry and said that she has never received such a special gift and began stroking it!  If only everyone had that reaction to the Book of Mormon!  It really IS such an incredible gift, to have God’s words here on the earth through his Prophets.  but yeah, so we finished the little lesson with the neni’s (Grandmas) with a prayer and in the middle of my companion’s prayer, one of them jumped in and started adding on to her prayer!  We were smiling so hard.  It’s little things like that and people like them that make me so thankful to be where I am!


TRANSFERS - 

And the news as to what I will be doing in the next two months is….. WE ARE BOTH STAYING IN SZEGED!  My trainer and I are staying together and we are so happy that we don’t have to say any goodbyes to our friends and our home here! 
 9 more weeks in the Sunshine City!  I couldn’t be more happy!


I love you all so much and hope you  have a great week!  Stay strong & healthy & safe.



Lots of Love from Hungary!!!

Brooke 

Ether 12:4
“Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

No comments:

Post a Comment