Tuesday, April 26, 2016

"I'm in the most beautiful country Momma!" Week 20 Update

Brooke’s email address:  brooke.gertsch@myldsmail.net 


Week 20 (I think I put the wrong week last week… - Chris)

"I'm in the most beautiful country Momma!" 

Okay, I am starting to understand what other missionaries have been warning me about how fast the time starts to go!!  Seriously felt like P-Day was like 2 days ago.  The idea of time never ceases to amaze me haha!


-This week, I had a lot of “oh my gosh, I’m in Hungary” moments and did my best to really soak in those moments and make them count!  On Tuesday and Wednesday, we went on splits again with the Sister Training Leaders, so we got to travel up to BUDAPEST!  I LOVE BUDAPEST!  It is so beautiful and was a much needed breath of fresh air and a change in the scenery!  We met with some great members and of course were fed extremely well!  By the end, I was excited to head home to my family and home back in Szeged!


The Parliament Building in Budapest


  The Szechenyi Chain Bridge in Budapest                        


- We met with a YSA (Young Single Adult), Gabor and his family this week and his dad is an expert fisherman and wanted to cook us a traditional Hungarian FISH SOUP.  He cooked it along the Tisza River so that was a glorious afternoon in the sunshine!!  I love sushi… and like Tilapia, and of course tuna fish (cooked) but other than that, I don’t really do fish!  And I had heard stories about how there were full-on fish heads and eyeballs in the soup, so it was a pleasant surprise to see none of that!  I have become so brave when it comes to eating and give the fish soup a thumbs up!  I can cross that off the list of things to try!




- On the topic of food, FAGYI, or ice cream, is my true love!  It can seriously lighten any day!  I do not have an ounce of regret as to how much Fagyi I consume, and will yet consume!


- A little tender mercy for the week was while we were tracting - We climbed up the 6 flights of stairs and I will admit, I did not have a huge amount of energy.  But we knocked on doors and took turns talking to people.  Halfway down the building, we met this girl and we got talking about how we were American and what we were doing here in Hungary.  Without hesitation, she asked us to come in and we had a totally solid conversation about the Book of Mormon and she took one and we are going to meet again next week.  We pray with all our hearts, each and every day, to find those that are ready to receive the gospel and have been prepared.  A lot of days, I am so impatient because they don’t run up to us and get in line!  And sometimes I get too excited too early and the people that I think may progress, end up not wanting anything to do with us.  BUT I will always stay hopeful and I will always stay positive!  I am in such an incredible country with the strongest and very influential church members and will patiently wait and work to find those that need the gospel.  


Teaching English Class - Teaching "Directions"

Thank you, always, for the love and support.  I am strengthened and able to do my best thanks to your prayers!  Sending my love to you all.


Have an amazing week!

Sok Szeretettel,






No comments:

Post a Comment