Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright!

Brooke’s contact info:


1122 Budapest
Hajnoczy Jozsef utca 14
Hungary 

WEEK 20 (I was wrong on the week last week... Chris)

SZIASZTOK !

The month of May has finally arrived.  It’s crazy that I only have 1 more month until my 6th month mark!  Time needs to slow down a little bit.  Our days are starting to pickup, full of appointments and tracting, and by the end of the day, I feel like I am just laying down to go to sleep the night before!  And then my night of sleep feels only like 30 minutes. So I have come to the conclusion that TIME is so hard to wrap your head around!  I am in the groove of the mission schedule and the mission life and the aspect of time is really throwing me off!  Like today is already P-Day again, and I don’t feel like I have too much to write about!  This week was quick and fun and here’s what went down!

-ZONE TRAINING!

I got to see my best friend, Mason Nover once again!  We have been so blessed to be in the same Zone so that we can see each other throughout the transfer.  Stringham Elder was also transferred into our Zone so we were able to see him too. ( He was in the MTC fam-bam as well!!) 
The training went so well and I love getting a recharge and a refocus on the work.



-GIULIAN’S BIRTHDAY!! 

My amazing companion turned 20 this week, so we got pekseg (pastries) and put our make-shift candle in it and sang!  This picture is like our life summed up in a snapshot! We also went to pizza and accidentally ordered one of the biggest pizza’s I have ever seen (50cm) Don’t worry Mom… I’m not going hungry! haha



-MORMON HELPING HANDS

that was quite the experience, very different than at home!  Instead of planting flowers at the temple or the Middle school or fixing up the Folsom Zoo, we went in the forest along the Tisza River picking up trash.  Never have I ever seen so much alcohol!  Yes, I lived in a bubble!  But we just filled bag after bag with 1.5 liter bottles that stunk of alcohol - my least favorite smell I have come upon after being here.  Anyway, it was such a surreal moment, being in this beautiful green forest, in Hungary, with fun people, doing service.  Those moments are coming around so often and I am trying my best to engrave these in my memory!  Sister Howell also taught us how to whistle with a blade of grass, so I can now add that to my list of skills!  It’s cool to think of all my loved ones, at home, and on missions all over the world, doing Mormon Helping Hands and other service!  This church is so great!




-ERTEKES VAGY 

So this week we had a lesson with an investigator.  It was probably the best lesson on my mission so far.  She is basically already a member, just waiting for paperwork, so we decided to go back to the basics and talk about how we are all God’s children and how important each one of us are to HIm.  My companion brought this book called “ertekes vagy”, and in English, it’s called, “You Are Special”.  I totally remember growing up reading the book and having my mom read it to me, so it was definitely a walk down memory lane… in another country!!  haha.  The woman we were teaching offered to read it to us so we sat in front of her, like it was story time back in Kindergarten.  Her voice was so mother-like and soft and almost made me fall asleep.  I was so at home!  Highlight of my week.  Made me miss home, but if I was at home, how could I be meeting such amazing people and having these once-in-a-lifetime experiences?  


Márk and Klaudia, my little friends! we go and read with them every week. their parents are not members, but their grandma asks us to come help them each week! i love them so much. 

Well, those were the big events in my week.  The work is slowly picking up.  I am still working on my patience with the pace of it, but I know I am where I’m supposed to be and am waiting willingly for someone to be put in my path that I can help!  My wise momma once told me, “Trust in God’ plan.  He knows what He is doing.  Every single thing that is going on in every person’s life - especially if they are trying to choose the right - is a part of His plan and it will all make sense at some point.”  That is something that I LIVE BY because as hard as it is to hand over the steering wheel to someone else and just go with the flow, we aren’t just handing it over to anybody.  Heavenly Father knows us better than we even know ourselves and if we are living by His standards and do our part, just as the Bob Marley song says “every little thing is gonna be alright!”  


Have a great week, sending all my love from Hungary to you!  Thanks for being you and keeping me strong!  Wouldn’t know where I would be without your love and support!

Sok Szeretettel, 

Gertsch Nover

No comments:

Post a Comment