Friday, July 29, 2016

Thank You for the Butterflies!

THANK YOU FOR THE BUTTERFLIES!

Week of 7/18-7/24 (Happy Birthday Court!)

I never really know how to start these things, haha, as each week comes to an end and I go to write.  I feel like I always say how fast the time is flying and how much I loe where I am and what I’m doing.  But it’s okay that I repeat it, because it’s all true.  
As the weeks, even the days go by, I begin to feel more and more comfortable and confident in the work, in the language, in myself, and that is when I really love it and don’t want it to end.  

(GOT TO SEE MY BEST FRIEND AT ZONE TRAINING!!!!)

 This week - 2 thumbs up!  Remember the couple we found while tracking in the rain?  Well, we met with them this week and it went really, really, really good!  My comp and I were actually pretty nervous going into the lesson because we had not taught the “beginning” lesson in a really long time.  And we didn’t have older comps to do all the hard work for us.  This lesson was important because it would act as a foundation for investigators.  No pressure at all - haha.  To say the least, we studied and practiced as hard as we could before the lesson.  But this couple is so cute.  They are young and so friendly and as we had our lesson, they took out their pet turtle and it was running around the room!  Never been able to talk about that kind of a distraction before!  But back to the lesson… these two were probably the most patient people I have met on my mission so far and they helps us feel comfortable with trying to use our Hungarian! They were so receptive and interested in what we were teaching.  It all just felt really right.  I can't even really describe it in any other way!  It is also really cool to feel the growth in my abilities and in my testimony.  The stronger it gets, the easier it is to share it with anyone ad everyone.  

Another little story from the week was actually an amazing reminder to me that I really needed to hear.  We were almost done with tracting and walked up to one last building.  And before we could ring on osengő on the intercom, out comes the cute little néni.  We told her we were missionaries and like to talk about Jesus with people and she said, “good, follow me then!”  She led us over to this bench and we sat down and started talking.  Actually it was pretty much just her telling us her life story for an hour.  But it was so enjoyable because she just talked about how she has seen God help her in her life and how she always thanks Him for every little thing.  As we stat and just smiled and nodded she would point out the clouds and the butterflies and I felt so happy seeing this 87 year old woman just so content and thankful.  She was such a great example to me and really inspired me to appreciate the little things.  I am always so grateful for things God gives me, but sometimes I forget to thank Him, so thank you sweet, adorable Néni for that!  She said she was Catholic so she wasn’t interested in the Book of Mormon, but I asked if we could say a prayer with her before we left, and she was absolutely thrilled about it.  She also made me give thanks for the butterflies.  

(Okay quick story. we got ice cream on probably the most humid day i have ever experienced, and within a minute of walking, it just began to melt like CRAZY and i looked like a 3 year old with ice cream all over me haha)

Man do I just place!  And not even just this place but the people.  Yes, we face rejection on the daily, but each day we are also given at least one person that puts a smile on our face.  The people here have some of the biggest hearts and are the strongest people I have ever met.  I know I was sent here not only to help them and serve them, but to learn from them.  

(Józsi Bácsi :) He is a member and loves the missionaries. He took us out to lunch because it was my first week here in Duna!
Also he is just like Grandpa. so loving and friendly and made friends with the waiter, I love it haha. He also had a stroke so can’t use half of his body. one of my heroes for sure. )


(Dunaújváros. i think it is so beautiful here)

My heart is so full and Icould spend hours just thanking Heavenly Father for all He’s given me.  I love this gospel and the Magyar people! 

(we are currently trying to figure out how to get to these sunflower fields. they are all over. this was on the train ride to budapest. i was FREAKING OUT as you could imagine!!!)

(these are the markets! instead of going to a grocery store, you can buy fresh food here! so much fun)


Have a great week, sending all my love!

Sok Szeretettel, 

Gertsch Nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment