Monday, April 10, 2017

Megjött a tavasz (Spring came!) 4/3/2017

megjött a tavasz (spring came!)



It seriously seems like everything grew overnight and this weekend was absolutely beautiful.  Sunshine, flowers, ice cream, no tights - all my favorite things!


Another thing I love, is going on splits.  This week the sisters from the city Eger came over to Nyiregyháza and I had the pleasure of going on splits with Morris Nővér (small world - she is friends with one of my friends from home Kambria Porter!)  Anyway… Splits are so much fun.  And although it is a chance for a Sister Training Leader to help a fellow sister, I always end up learning so much from them!  Morris Nővér is so bold and such a hard worker and we talked to so many people.  Because the weather has gotten so nice, there are a lot of people in the Belváros (city square) so we decided to switch things up and do some music finding!  We actually have found so much success and many potential investigators, so that is exciting.  Music is a good thing. 
 Splits in Nyíregyháza,with the Eger Sisters - chalking and music finding
Chalking - The Plan of Salvation -  the questions: honnan jöttünk (where did we come from?) miért itt vagyunk (why are we here?) and hova megyünk (where are we going?)


We had many miracles this week but the one I want to share was not with an investigator.  It was with a member.  First of all, this man reminds me of my Grandpa Telford and I kind of love him just for that reason among many others.  The first day I got here in Nyiregyhaza, he walked up to me and told me to feel right at home.  This week, we got to go over to his place for dinner.  Feri Bácsi, the member, had prepared this delicious gulyás, or stew, and as we ate, he taught us about simple doctrines with deep meaning and I could have sat there for hours listening to him.  But this was my little miracle - towards the end, he got all choked up and started bearing his testimony and the Spirit filled the little dining room we were sitting in.  Then he started thanking us for all we do and said how much our Heavenly Father loves us and appreciated us and our sacrifice.  He didn't just say these things, but I sincerely felt his love and admiration and we were all balling like babies by the time he was finished.  I have been so all over the place lately, but in that moment, my mind was clear and I felt perfect peace. 

One of my favorite people Feri bácsi

 I feel so beyond grateful to be serving these people and to be gaining so many life-long friends that I never would have met if it weren’t for the mission.  They are changing my life.  Oh and who could forget General Conference?!  I had been waiting so long for the day to come where we would hear from the Prophet and the leaders of our church.  It was so uplifting and rebuilding.  I am so happy to be a member of this church and to receive divine revelation through our prophet and his apostles.  We don’t have to feel lost in this crazy world! Aren’t we lucky?!?!

For p-day, we went over to a members and she taught us how to make some Hungarian food! Also the son, Kristóf, is the sweetest soul. I'm obsessed. 

Sok sok szeretettel, 

Gertsch Nővér



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice place and she looks happy. Looking forward to read more letters of her adventures in Hungary.

    ReplyDelete