Sunday, April 30, 2017

BOLDOG HÚSVÉTI ÜNNEPEKET! Happy Easter! April 18, 2017


Brooke's email - brooke.gertsch@myldsmail.net

HAPPY EASTER!
Because of the the “surprise transfer” these past 8 weeks flew by.  I literally blinked and now it’s over.  Time is a confusing thing, what’s new??

 ice cream season!!! this is with Heni, a member here in Nyíregyháza

The Elders investigator! Easter Sunday
BOLDOG HÚSVÉTI ÜNNEPEKET!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.  As a missionary, holidays never feel like they do at home.  It’s hard to be away from family, but I have been blessed with incredible strength and perspective and this weekend was a special one. In Hungary, the entire weekend of Easter is a holiday, so a lot of people were gone or busy when we would go finding.  None the less, we kept finding and brought our little DVD player and would show the Easter video to people at their doorstep.  It was really amazing to ask someone if they have 2 minutes to watch it and when they do, to just see their faces soften and the Spirit touching them to the core.  At one door we went to, this man opened up the door and agreed to watch the video. Afterwards, he invited us in and now we are meeting with him and he is progressing so well!

the dream team district! it was a fun four weeks!!!
Jutka néni one of the sweetest members here. who am i kidding, they are all incredible!

 I also got to see MY FAVORITE PERSON EVER - Johanna from Győr on Easter and it was like being with family.  Her parents live here in Nyiregyháza, and she was so kind and invited us over!  She is the absolute sweetest! 

I was the absolute happiest spending some time with this one! Johanna, from Győr
Add Loved spending Easter with Johanna and her parents!

This was also the last week of the transfer.  I have learned to trust in the Lord and His plan for me, but sometimes I can’t help but stress out.  I did not want my best friend and comp to leave me and I most DEFINITELY did not want to leave this city.  I love this place and it’s people so much.  Good thing I am staying!!!  I am so happy about it!  Sadly, Dorny Nővér will be leaving and gong to Kecskemét, but I am getting Day Nővér and we will be Sister Training Leaders together.  I feel really good about this transfer and am determined to make it the best one yet.  It was also my LAST transfer call!  So hard to believe!

More to come next week!

 Splits in Eger.  Music Finding with the Sisters and Elders in Eger!
Hope all is well, I love and miss you so very much!

Sok sok szeretettel

Gertsch Nővér 

I have started reading the Book of Mormon one last time on my mission, and on each page, I find all of the things we have to do to "gain peace in this life and eternal life in the life to come" and within a few days, already filled up a page and finished 1 Nephi! I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON. 
Some beautiful pictures of Eger



No comments:

Post a Comment