Monday, October 5, 2015

Ahh October.


So far this month has been amazing. And it hasn't even been a week. I started it off with a new haircut, refreshing and the shortest it's ever been!


                                    short hair don't even care.


Then this last weekend. I got to do a lot of my favorite things and actually felt myself growing like 3 maturity levels if that is even a thing haha. first off, I got to get out of the Folsom bubble and drive up to Idaho to spend some family time with my older siblings. There is just something about going to new places and seeing new things. I almost feel like I get a high off of it. Call me crazy, but road trips longer than 5 hours are my favorite. Especially when you get to see these pretty sights:




I have decided that once I get off my mission, I am living in Utah. I fell in love with the mountains and I already want to go back! Speaking of missions... I am still playing the waiting game. I supposedly am supposed to be getting my call in the mail either this week or the next! I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. I have tried my best to stay open with where I will be called to, I just have lost any and all patience.

But while the whole mission thing has been on my mind every minute of every day, General Conference was a wonderful, spiritual boost for me. I am at a point in life where the church has become so important to me and I love learning more and getting closer to Christ. Totally on a spiritual high and hope that it never goes away. Every talk given I was able to really focus on and apply them to my life. I highly recommend taking notes because not only are you really listening to what the prophet and apostles are saying, you also have them written down to always have.

Some of my favorite little snippits from Conference this weekend-

  • Living the gospel isn't supposed to be difficult.
  • Start where you are
  • Exaltation is our goal, discipleship is our journey.
  • The sabbath is a time and place to leave the world behind. 
  • Simplify.
  • God's ultimate purpose is our progress.
  • Ponderize a scripture each week.
  • Don't be too critical of the barrier. It is there to provide protection, safety, peace, and is there as a safe harbor from the evils of the world.
  • Rescue the wounded in spirit.
  • Come what may and love it.
My journal is full of pages with little bullet points i found throughout the session. For me, I simplify the things they say into a short summary of a couple words just like the ones above and it makes all the difference. 
While up in Idaho, we also drove to Salt Lake and watched the afternoon session. Being in the same room as our prophet and general authorities - all men called of God - is breathtaking. SO much love for all of them and I was so blessed to experience that. 




Also big shout out to my fam. I honest lucked out with my crazy, dysfunctional family. Some may look at a child that comes from a divorce as a trial, and believe me, I have moments. But there are weekends like this where I see it as double the love and more incredible people that I get to be with for time and all eternity. From my parents, to siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins, I have a big list of people that I can look to as an example and they all are such a source of unconditional love and support. Blessed beyond belief.



new motto^


I cannot get over how much different my life has been since I have decided to serve a mission. Everything is starting to make sense. I am starting to feel that I have a purpose in this world. I am able to recognize the little, daily tender mercies of the Savior and feel the spirit when I'm reading the scriptures and even if there is a beautiful sunset. I feel as though I am a totally different person than I was a year ago, but I am totally okay with that. And I am so stoked to continue to grow! Happiness most definitely comes from this church and living a righteous life.
xoxo

P.S. next post----------------------------MISSION CALL! (i hope)




No comments:

Post a Comment