Friday, October 16, 2015

ONE FOR THE BOOKS

Okay. It is going to be really difficult for me to find the words to describe my experience this past week, but I will try my best!

As most of you know, I had decided to go on a mission a while back. I recieved an overwhelming amount of love and support from everyone in my life. I knew it was the right thing for me. I felt as though months passed by until I finally got my mission call in the mail. For those that don't know the details of this process, the General Authorities meet at the church headquarters in Salt Lake and sit together and determine, with direct revelation from God, where exactly you are needed in this world. So that definitely came to mind when I was reading my letter!

Rewinding a bit, I have to admit that I was out of my mind, crazy nervous to find out where I was going. I know that wherever it might be was the place that I am supposed to be going, but I let a selfish part of me sneak into my mind and made me doubt the process. I am such a bold, adventurous, curious, and excited person and I wanted to go somewhere where most don't go. I am sad to admit that I even let my mind go there! But God did not disappoint. But when does he ever?!





I was assigned to serve in the HUNGARY BUDAPEST mission! I had no idea where that was, but knew right away that it was an answer to my prayer. I will report to the Provo MTC on December 9th, 2015 and spend 9 weeks there learning the beautiful Hungarian language! For the 16 months following, I will be living in Hungary, learning about their culture, meeting and connecting with the people there, and spreading the fullness of the gospel to those that just don't know about it yet! I am just over the moon and am constantly thanking Him for answering prayers and blessing me. To some, learning the difficult language and living in a new and unknown place, facing rejection and much more, seems daunting and impossible. But another reason why I know that this is the mission for me is that I don't feel that in the slightest. I feel such strength already and the most motivation I have ever had in my entire life. From the night I opened my call, I was on a spiritual high--still am--and it will continue to get higher and higher as I become a missionary and live a life of service in this next year and a half.



I stay up every night, at least two hours extra, unable to actually wrap my head around the fact that this is all happening, but I can't wait. And now that I have a blog, I will be able to send emails and pictures home and my mom can upload them to here, so people can watch the happiness continue. It is such a testimony booster to be going through all of this. Life is so good because the church is so true and by living it, it is proving to me that a positive outlook is more accessible and a smile is almost always on your face.


Days until I report: 54 (!)



No comments:

Post a Comment