Thursday, November 19, 2015

A full & happy heart.


    








How did it go from 46 days in my last post to 20 days until I start this adventure?! I don't know if I will ever understand how time can move so fast... 






And with the amount of time from the time I last posted, a lot has happened. Both in my own life and around the world. I don't want my blog to become preachy in any way, but I thought that I would give people my opinion and view on things. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we have been given a new policy involving the children of homosexual marriages and their membership in the church. Many saw the headlines and flipped their lids. But if you watch Elder Christofferson's video describing why the decision was made, it is really quite simple. It is in the best interest of the children to not have to experience confusion when becoming part of a church that believes that marriage is between a man and a woman but then would go home and be in an environment that teaches the opposite. Everyone is able to have their own opinions and beliefs. Those who disagree AND those that support the policy. I wish that it was that easy haha. But when it really comes down to it, we have general authorities and a prophet that receives revelation from God and has our best interest at heart, and we must rely on our faith in them and in Him in these confusing and trying times. I feel so lucky to be a part of this church.






Preparing for the mission has given me such a clear and positive outlook on life. While I'm constantly making choices that keep me worthy to enter the temple and serve in Hungary, I have never in my LIFE been so happy! I do have to admit that as the days go on and the closer December 9th gets, I have so many feels going on. I have waited for this day for so long but with thanksgiving coming and then Christmas, I will be around so much that I love and I'm realizing how hard it is going to be sacrificing being around it all for 18 months. I let myself get freaked out for a little, but then I remember where I'm going and BUDAPEST HUNGARY is calling my name. 






All in all, I love this time in my life. I love my family and friends. And all the love and support they are giving me. I love holidays and the feeling of nostalgia I always get. I love missions and the way they change a person even before they get out and serve. I love getting to see some crazy beautiful sights so very often. I love my church and the leaders that guide and help us. And I love our God. Who gives unconditional love and mercy, who is understanding and forgiving, who wants each and every one of us to be happy.


Lastly, my heart is heavy with the events that happened in Paris. Such a tragic time and my heart goes out to all afflicted from attacks around the world. But on a positive note, I think it is absolutely incredible to see countries unite and support one another. Je t'aime Paris!



No comments:

Post a Comment