Saturday, December 26, 2015

Hello Christmas!!!

BOLDOG KARACSONYT! MERRY CHRISTMAS!



















2 weeks down, 7 more to go! 7 weeks sounds like such a long time, but I know that it is going to fly by. I seriously feel like I just got here last week. I will admit, being away during Christmas has been one of the hardest things I have done so far. Singing Christmas carols, not even realizing Christmas is this week, and knowing my family and friends are celebrating without me... is hard. The MTC does a great job distracting us with constant studying and devotionals and I have so many friends that keep me laughing and not feeling alone. One thing that I figured out the other day (and people have already told me it's such a great experience and a once-in-a-lifetime Christmas. I am just figuring out what they meant) but this week has been all about Christ. I have already been strengthening my relationship with Him ever since I decided to go on a mission and even more in the MTC, but having no distractions, no presents or parties has been such a joy. To focus on what this holiday is all about. I have no words to describe how much I love my Savior. He has stood by my side and answered my pleading prayers. He has given me the abundance of loved once that I get the pleasure to miss this holiday season. I feel so honored to be a representative of Christ and his church and I know that he is there for all of us. All we need to do is have the desire to have Him in our lives and constantly work at being more like Him. So all in all, this has been the most special Christmas I have had so far. Being away for 2 Christmases to help the people in Hungary come to the realizations that I have, and gain a love for the Savior, is more than worth it.



Okay now to the fun stuff! Last week I was SO stressed on time and totally forgot some things about the MTC!

-Everything is funnier in the MTC. There isnt a day that goes by where I have not laughed so hard I cried. I don't know if it is because everyone in my district is a comedian, or if its just because our brains are totally fried. Everyone makes fun of my giggle, but WHATS NEW. I just dont want you guys to think I sit in a gloomy boring classroom all day because it is quite the opposite. It is so lively and the Huns are known for laughing 24/7. A pretty good rep if you ask me!




-Temple. Every Sunday we walk to the Temple with our Zone ( the Hungarians, the Albanians, and the Fins) and this week was so much fun because, for one, it was SNOWING! I get to have my first "white christmas" and you can bet I sing the song all day long. And two, we sang christmas carols and it was just so fun yet spiritual at the same time. I love my people here. we are all such different people, with different stories, but one thing brings us all together. I have made best friends with the albanians and am dreading my goodbyes with them next week. Word of advice- dont make friends in the MTC because once you get close and love them, they LEAVE YOU.


-Random stuff: I have been called to be the Sister Training Leader for my Zone! Which means I am over our sisters, there are like 4 of us so it's not that difficult but still super exciting to have the experience and leadership! SO excited for Alex and his mission call to Adriatic North! Bummed that I would have seen him all the time throughout the day except I will be leaving the day before he comes.... But i know the people in his district and he will have the time of his life. Such a cool mission. Proud of you and best of luck!



Hungarian- It is so crazy how much we are learning in a week let alone a day. We are now teaching investigators with no notes, praying and bearing our testimonies and currently memorizing the First vision as well. Although some days i feel like pulling my hair out or flipping my desk over, it really is such a beautiful language. It's hard to explain, but the words and the definitons of the words are actually so poetic. I dunno if it will ever compare to my love for French, but its getting pretty close! My teacher, Rupard Nover actually studied french before her mission as well, so Mason Nover and I get to brush up on our french with her during and after class which is super fun.



The BIGGEST shoutout to those that sent me love for Christmas. I cannot find enough words to express my love and appreciation for you! You gave me smiles that I still have on my face right now! You are the very best and I love you so much. Thank you, or Kosonom :)



A last thing before I have to go, is about an unrealized blessing I have noticed this week. As I have grown up in the church, I have been able to understand things in a very basic way. Simple. And as I have began learning and then teaching in Hungarian, I have been able to teach simply and I find it such an honor and am so grateful. Even if the only thing I say is "Isten a mi Mennyei Atyank es Ot szeret teged" or God is our Heavenly Father and he loves you. I have never felt the power of the spirit so strong and have never felt more confidence in His plan for me. I am teaching in the way he knows I will succeed and help others to come to know what I know and feel the spirit. I cannot wait to get going! Still working on patience! haha
I know that as long as I am trying my best, Heavenly Father will do the rest. Thank you again for the love and support! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and holiday season! I am sending my love and hugs to you! I miss and love you more than you will ever know.




Always, 
Brooke

Favorite Scripture in Hungarian- D&C 31:7-9  - "Igen, meg fogom nyitni az emberek szivet, es Ok befogadnak teged. En pedig kezed altal megalapitok egy gyulekezet; es te erositsd meg oket, es keszitsd fel oket arra az idore amikor osszegyujtetnek. Legyel turelmes a sanyargattatasokban, ne szidalmazd azokat akik szidalmaznak! Szelidseggel iranyitsd hazadat es legyel allhatatos! ( Not accurate because i dont have time to put in the Hungarian letters, but you should def look up the verses! I just wanted to show you how cool Magyar (Hungarian) is! xoxox)

No comments:

Post a Comment