Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Week 16 Update - Happy Easter!!!

Brooke’s contact info


mail:  1122 Budapest
    Hajnoczy, Jozsef utca 14
          Hungary



I have officially made it through Christmas, New Years, My Birthday, and now Easter away from home.  And it has been the most humbling experience.  It really gives me a different perspective on the day and reminded me as to what the day is really all about!  Maybe I’m growing up? Haha, but I did have about 5 chocolate bunnies/eggs so that felt like home!


TRANSFERS are like 2 weeks away!  I am kind of the worst when it comes to the unknown because it drives me CRAZY every time I think about it.  So I try my best not to think about it too much.  I can’t imagine leaving the beauty of Szeged but mostly the people I have become to know and love.  But it would be exciting to go.  So time will tell I guess!!!


EASTER DINNER was a big LOL because no one in our district had thought about going to the store to make something nice for Easter dinner … so we gathered all we had left which was a little bit of ham, carrots, rice, bread and we made Palacsintas (Hungarian Pancakes) and put our left overs in them!  It was the funniest, kind of saddest, little meal.  But hey - ONLY IN HUNGARY!!! I am so lucky to be surrounded by missionaries that make the best out of any situation.

So last P-day we went to the Szeged Zoo.  It was super fun!  I could seriously watch the Penguins all day.



But one thing that set this zoo apart from any other zoo I’ve been to, was the feeding time… we were “lucky" enough to be at the Lion cage… right at LUNCH TIME!  They had a nice little room to the side of the cage where they let them in to eat.  The next thing I know, the Lions were devouring these poor innocent rabbits!  Fur and all!!  Sorry, I know it’s disgusting, but it was National Geographic status.  SO CRAZY!  Talk about the Circle of Life.  Yeah so that was crazy.  And then when we started to pass by cages with dead baby chicks all over, I couldn’t keep myself composed so we left and got some ice cream.  Haha, I have decided I would rather be oblivious to the feeding animals at the zoo!  Lesson Learned!



(You can thank me later for NOT adding the photos of the Lion’s feeding session - You’re welcome! - Chris :))

This week, I wish I could say I have a super cool story where we met someone and were able to find people and bring them to church.  But I don’t.  And that doesn’t get me down!  Because I DO have numerous stories each day where we were able to help someone carry groceries, or stop someone and have a really solid conversation about God and Jesus Christ.  I don’t know if it is because the sun is starting to come out, but people are slowly becoming more smiley and friendly, and I never thought I would get to a place of such happiness so fast.  The language is starting to pick up, I am feeling so confident in who I am and what I am doing, and yeah, being a missionary is pretty dang cool.  I don’t really look at numbers and if they are low or not, because no matter what, I know that I am doing my absolute best to make sure that every person that I come across has a positive experience with missionaries and hopefully has a better day!



SENIOR COUPLE!  Elder & Sister Howell got to Szeged this weekend and they are so great.  They are from Southern California and their courage to try out their Hungarian to people on the streets is so inspiring!  Haha… they crack me up!  It’s nice to have “almost grandparents” here too.

   Brooke’s District in Szeged

SPRING is taking it’s sweet time, but slowly the flowers are starting bloom and there’s a whole lot of GREEN.  I’m obsessed!  I really am so blessed to be in such a beautiful place.



  LITTLE MOMENTS THAT MADE ME SMILE THIS WEEK:

    I got Dusty’s package with the cutest cards from the kids and GOLDFISH & CHEEZ-ITS!  You can ask my companion, I pretty much cried like a baby.  I miss snacks from home!! (And my Aunt’s, Uncle’s and cousins too!!!) 


    we found a Thai restaurant there is Szeged and I got Padthai.  Super, super yummy and was the most hipster place I’ve seen in a long time! Haha - my kind of restaurant!

   One day were were tracting and came up to this Neni’s (grandma’s) house and after she declined our message, she started asking us where we were from and we had a nice little convo and she began picking flowers out of her garden and then gave them to us!  I LOVE THOUGHTFUL PEOPLE!  They make my world go around!


Speaking of the world… we may not have access to the news, but word has spread about what happened this past week in Brussels.  This world is a crazy world, man.  When things like this happen, I get a little (okay maybe a lot) scared as to what will happen next.  But what I am learning, is how important it is to cleave unto the Lord and His gospel because when we do that, not only can we be strengthened to get through hard times, but He can help soften our hearts and give us hope for better days.  I am so incredibly grateful to have found comfort through my Savior and I hope I can help others find it too.  He is always there.  He just leaves it up to us to build our faith in Him.  


A scripture we shared at the branch’s Easter part is one of my absolute favorite scriptures.  It’s in Moroni 7:42 and it says:

            “And what is it that ye shall hope for?  Behold, I say unto you, that ye shall have hope through the Atonement of Christ and the power of His resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal and this because of your faith in Him according to the promise.”

-Nagyon fontos hogy krisztus es o engestelese az alapunk legyen.  Es amilor hiszunk krisztusban, a hitunk abni fog nekunk erot es perspektiat hogy mindvegig kitarssunk.-
(It’s so important hat Christ and His atonement be our foundation.  And when we believe in Christ, our faith will give us strength and perspective, to help us endure to the end)

I love you all will all my heart!  I pray that you are all safe and happy!  I hope you all had a great Easter!

All my love, 

B







No comments:

Post a Comment