Monday, September 12, 2016

Gotta figure this whole patience thing out!

Brooke’s contact info - brooke.gertsch@myldsmail.net


These past few weeks I have learned a whole lot about myself, with the work feeling almost non-existent.  I feel that I have become such a different person and I can’t say that I like it too much!  It is just so easy to get down and negative and distracted. Having patience with others and their free agency is a daily lesson I have to learn.  But something I have noticed is that, as a missionary, I am able to recognize my weaknesses earlier on and am given strength to make a change.  So, thats kind of what I spent this week doing.  And it was small, little changes that are making all the difference.  Sometimes it is laughing a little more or saying some extra prayers.  NO COMPLAINING has been a big one for me and when I don’t actually say something that is bothering me, it’s so much easier to be more positive. 

Lunch in Budapest with the Sister Training Leaders at the Home of the Mission President and his wife.  

 On that note - a few highlights from this week!

  • I have been really sick the past few weeks.  This week I got a blessing and was healed within 24 hours.  The church is true!  I think I ate a total of 200 cough drops, haha!
  • WE had to go to Székesfehérvar (another city) to get Hooper Novér’s residency card and it was super pretty and I just love this country!
  • watching my new missionary growing and progressing is such an amazing feeling.  It’s like I am a proud momma! she impresses me every day.  
  • The Kápolnásiék family!!!  They are basically my family here in Hungary.  We went over to their house for lunch and, as you can see from the picture, they are so much fun.  Joking around and just spending time with them reminds me of my family.  I love it so much.  I love them so much!

I really love where I am right now in life.  Although hard times continue to come, I am learning and growing so much and wouldn’t change anything.  I have such faith and hope that there is someone out there that I can help.  Just gotta figure out the whole patience thing… haha!!!

Have a great week!

Sok szeretettel,

Gertsch Novér

Brooke says she has found her future home (pic below)



No comments:

Post a Comment