Saturday, September 10, 2016

Brooke Gertsch Mission Update!

I feel like I am so lame for last week's letter and now this week's as well! But it has been an interesting one. Here's what happened:

JUST TRYIN TO BREATHE!

My cold turned into a sinus infection! And then a couple days later my cough turned into bronchitis haha. So I have been doing a whole lot of sleeping and eating soup and some more sleeping. I have been blessed with two amazing nurses that make me feel better  and have been serving me every day. Blessed with the best. I will admit it has been a pretty hard week because I have hated staying inside all day and feel like I am wasting time by resting! I guess I need to reread my email from last week about not running faster than you have the strength! Overall, being sick has made me realize a couple of pretty important things: 

-I should have payed attention to what medicine my mom used to give me so I would know which one is best haha. Oh and I have the greatest mom ever and will never take her for granted ever. Being sick away from her has been a real "adult" experience for me!!! 

-How much I really love missionary work. We still try to go out and tract if i am able to, but I have no voice so I just have to stand there and smile. Throwback to my first transfer, let me tell you!!! I have never wanted to go out and talk to everybody more in my mission. This has been a huge step in my mission and I think I needed this little bump in the road to really appreciate what I am doing here! Can't wait to get back out there. 

BUDAPEST!!

This week I needed a hug and got so many from SO many of my favorite people!!! We had new missionary training in Budapest and then came back on Sunday, and we got to watch the rededication of the Freiberg Temple in Germany! Such an amazing experience and had a reunion with lots of friends, both missionaries and some members from Szeged! 

"Andi from Szeged - I may or may not have cried when she hugged me...."


Best Friends from the MTC!


Adams Nővér

I wish I had a scripture or some spiritual thought to end this letter, but I will leave a little testimony because those are always good. I know for a fact that there are going to be hard times that we will have to face in life. I have felt and continue to feel homesick, actual physical sickness, face hard rejection, and am really just trying to figure out what this crazy thing we call life is even about. I would not be where I am today if it werent for the confidence and knowledge I have that I have a Heavenly Father that knows me, personally, better than I know myself. And that goes for every one of His children. He wants us to be the absolute happiest in life, because He loves us, and has given us so many tools and opportunities to be just that. As hard times come, because they always will, it is so important to hold on to our faith in Christ and His living atonement and there is no need to fear. We are not alone! Even when you are up all night coughing :) Never alone. 

I love you all SO much and appreciate all the love and support you constantly give me! 
Sending you all my love, 
Gertsch Nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment