Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Utolsó Hét Emberek! Last Week People!

Brooke’s email : brooke.gertsch@myldsmail.net


last week last week last week last week last week last week last week last week last week last week last week last week last week last week!!!! If you couldn't tell, I am a little bit excited to GET TO HUNGARY ALREADY. I have so many feelings going on- whats new- but the most common is curiosity and excitement. Because I have been in the same place doing the same thing for the past 8 weeks and I am ready for the new and unknown!! This week was nothing too crazy or new, except my companion got sick and we got to legit escape and go to the ER! 

Making every situation a happy, fun adventure! 

My companion, Sis. Roche had to go to the Emergency Room last night after dinner. It was such a crazy and hectic night. She had severe abdominal pains and it turns out that on top of some other issues,  she has ovarian cysts. I swear, I was paired with ALI. the symptoms were so similar to what Ali went through so it was nice to know what was going on. I dont know how big Ali’s cysts were, but Roche's one is 7 point something and they are so worried that it might take a lot of blood supply or something and continue to grow and would twist and cut off circulation to her ovary. So that was some scary news. She had a CT and an ultrasound and then they got her some meds and we didnt end up getting out of the ER until like 12:30 and then went to 3 different pharmacies to get her stuff. Besides feeling so bad for her that she was in a lot of pain, it was sooooo much fun haha. In the ER there was a lady totally strung out on drugs and in like withdrawls or something and we were so scared of the outside world and tv and music! But then we got to go to  the cafeteria and the nicest girl paid for our food because we were missionaries!!! I ate pretzels and hummus with a mountain dew. you know me- i was crying haha.

Charity: This week, I think my main theme was charity. And patience. I have been blessed with such incredible companions, but this week was a real tough one for me. With my companion sick and unable to go to class, I was feeling very stressed out seeing that we were leaving so soon and not getting enough practice. But today in the temple, I went in with that worry in my heart, but had a strong feeling come over me that if I can show the Lord my efforts with trying to be more patient and loving, more charitable, that he would find a way to make it all work out. Loving people is the number one thing I have learned thus far on the mission. 

All 10 of us headed to HUNGARY on Monday!!!

Orientation: This week we got NEW MISSIONARIES in our zone!!! And 14 of them are sisters! They are going to Belgium, Netherlands and Albania, and I absolutely love having girls around! I know it is going to be hard making all these new friends and having to say goodbye next week, but I love them so much and hope to stay in touch. Orientation and getting to know them was so much fun. I basically brought up orientation because I was in charge of games and I got to take it back to my PGY days playing getting to know you games! 

Vending Machine: soooooo there are vending machines in our residence hall, and one night I was really craving an orange-strawberry-banana juice. I noticed at the bottom of the machine, there were about 6 drinks stuck and no one could get their drinks out. I proceeded just as they did, to see if my drink would be the one to make the door drop, but of course mine didnt either. I sat on the floor sticking my arm up in the vending machine looking like the craziest person, all for an orange juice. A little crowd gathered around me and I couldnt tell you how, but I fixed it and all the drinks came crashing down and everyone cheered and I passed out the drinks to them feeling like the coolest kid on the block. Such a random and lame story, but it was one of my better moments this week! hahah

FLIGHT PLANS: So on friday reality hit. We finally got our flight information!!!!!!!!!!! We leave the MTC bright and early at 3:30 AM so basically I will probably be pulling an all nighter. Going from Utah, to Georgia, to AMSTERDAM and then finally Budapest. Everything is becoming so real and I am so ready. Did I say that already? 



THANK YOU to the POGGEMANN’S!!!  Thank you for the early Birthday cupcakes!!!  It was so awesome to get those and meant more to me than you will ever know!  I felt so loved!  THANK YOU!!!



Apologies if this is one of the shorter updates, NEXT TIME will be the most legit ever. I guess I will just finish with saying how much I love all of you and how much I love my Savior. Yesterday in church, we talked a lot about faith in Christ, which is the first principle of the gospel. and no wonder it is the first one, because it is the legfonotosabb (most important). Before the MTC I knew that he was a really important person. And that he atoned for our sins and is the perfect example. I never really felt its application in my life because I was a little oblivious and never really dealt with repentance except when I was mean to my siblings or watched a scary movie I shouldn't have. But now that I am here and have realized how incredible the actual process of repentance is and how it should be a daily thing, that in itself has made my love for my Savior grow more and more. As I read the scriptures and read their accounts of revelation they received from God, and to be able to apply it to my life in that very moment, I just want to scream from the top of the mountains how much I love my Heavenly Father because my eyes are opened and I can see the tender mercies in my life. Whether it be the opportunity to serve, the place and people I get to serve, the people around me, the people at home, the scriptures, the prophet, the list goes on and on. I love this gospel with all my heart and am so glad to be finishing my stay at the MTC with a strong, solid testimony, and I am so excited for it to continue to grow. I probably repeat so much in my emails, but I mean it more and more every week! Again, I love you all so much. And think about and pray for you every day! Thank you for being in my life and helping me to be the person that I am today! Have a great week, next time, the letter will be sent from Hungary!

Last Provo Temple trip

Sok szeretettel 
Sister Brooke (i miss my first name haha)

ps. since we are leaving next week, I am able to email every day this week, so email me anytime! I'd love to chat!!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment