Tuesday, February 9, 2016

WEEK 9 - Last update from the MTC!!!

Family and Friends - as you read this, Brooke is probably sleeping her first night in Hungary!  We received a email from the church that she arrived there safely early this morning!  
This email was written on Sunday, the day before she left the MTC!  
Brooke would love emails from anyone willing to write her!  Even a quick note would be appreciated!  Her email will remain the same for her entire mission - 


FROM BROOKE:

HI EVERYONE!!!!
quick note- as I go back and read my older emails. I sincerely apologize at HOW MUCH IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. When I try to put all my thoughts down into one place, it ends up being so hectic and crazy and I am so sorry, I am so embarassed!
Anyways.

Less than 48 hours and I will be finally stepping foot in where my home will be for the next year and a half! 

I thought I would write you my last day before we leave! I am not exactly sure when I will be able to email next, seeing that I am traveling all during PDay! But I am not complaining! This week was so bittersweet. One, being that my cousin FINALLY got in the MTC! Getting to see her and hug her, haha I can't even find the words. Yay for being cousins and being missionaries at the same time!!! It's the coolest experience. And having Emily here too (a friend from home). We are able to support each other in the ways we know one another needs it. It's like I have my little pieces of home with me for a couple days. Their hugs are not like any other<3 

Brooke and her cousin Summer Telford - Headed to Santa Rosa, Ca!
Brooke with Emily Grimsman - a friend from our ward
Headed to NY, NY!!! 
This week has been a crazy one. From teaching our last lessons, to saying goodbyes, I don't know if I want to leave the MTC! Our teachers have become family and I owe so much of the missionary that I am to them! As I type this I start to get emotional because they are the two people that have been our constants here in this crazy place. 
Köszönöm szépan Rupard Nővér és Robinson Testver mindenért. Saturday afternoon was our last class period with them. SUCH an emotional day.These two were so patient and loving from day one. We all were pretty much family. Are family. 
Brooke with her district (all going to Hungary together) with their teachers, Rupard Nover (in Red sweater next to Brooke - with the white tag - and Robinson Testver, the man to the far Left with the white shirt and red tie and glasses.
They had spoken only a few words in English to us throughout the entire 9 weeks, it had always been Hungarian nonstop, which seriously helped us leaps and bounds when it came to our progress with the language. Earlier on I had talked about how I had already started to feel the gift of tongues in my life with being able to understand my teachers and I have had moments where I just sit back while our teachers are talk to us, and I think "woah, I actually kinda totally know Hungarian!" I have witnessed this as such a miracle and it could not have happened without the dedication Rupard and Robinson gave to us every day and the spirit they brought into the class. After we had our last language instruction, they began bearing their testimonies in Hungarian and of course my eyes started to well up, but then half way through, they began speaking english. And I was so overcome with the spirit, probably the most I have ever felt being here in the MTC. They were just like us. And they have some of the strongest testimonies that have been influencing us since the very beginning. As I looked around the room at my district and my two incredible teachers my heart felt like it was going to burst I felt such gratitude. Being here, the Lord has shown me His love through SO many ways, but the one I have realized the most is the people he puts in my path. 

I have been blessed with the greatest family on the earth and friends. And coming to the MTC, he has given me companions that have become my best friends, as well as my district and teachers again, that are like family, and even the missionaries in our zone. the new Dutch and Albanian missionaries are such sweet and inspiring spirits and although we only got to spend a week and a half with them, we got to spend a week and a half with them. And I have a feeling that that is going to be the perspective I am going to need throughout my mission, and throughout my life! Because change is inevitable, I've always known that. But so far, the mission has shown me that if I stay strong and move through change with a positive hope, better things are just around the corner. I have really come to know my Savoir and put all my trust in Him because he knows my beginning to my end and he knows me better than I know myself! I have such a testimony that that is true for everyone. And it is such a comfort when you realize that! 

All of the Sister Missionaries in Brooke’s Zone - 2 of them going to Hungary, some Albania, some the Netherlands. 
I think there may be a few going to Korea too!

One thing that my teachers also helped us to keep in mind is that we are going to this specific mission because there are people there that, if not already, are being prepared for us to come and help them find joy and happiness in the gospel. That makes me want to get to Hungary right this second so I can find my friends that I had promised I would come and find before this life. So when people are asking if I'm ready to leave, I will say yes. Not because I am tired of the MTC food or the 10 hours of class a day, but because I want to get over there and start the work! I am going to miss the MTC with all my heart. It was the place that I found my simple testimony of this gospel and then over the 9 weeks strengthened it and refined all my knowledge that will help me when I bring others unto Christ. I wouldnt trade these past 9 weeks for anything in this world and I thank everyone who helped me to get here and supported me and lifted my spirit throughout my stay. My heart is full constantly for every one of you and for everyone here at the MTC, for the people I have yet to meet in Hungary, and of course, for a Szabaditom, my Savior. He is my best friend and I am so thankful for how patient he is with me and I feel his support in me that keeps me happy and positive on the days where I woke up thinking that I couldn't. I could keep going on and on but in short, He is always there for us. He loves us more than we can even comprehend, and wants nothing but pure happiness for us, but it is our duty to come unto him and desire to have that relationship with him and I can promise you, from experience, that it makes all the difference in your life. That is what I try to remember every day and am so excited to share with others extremely soon!!! AHHH!

Brooke with her MTC companions - Mason Nover and Roche Nover
Well, all in all, the MTC was a really important nine weeks for me. Sometimes I never thought it would end, but then most times, like right now, I can't believe how fast the time went!!! If you are ever in the MTC, don't take a second for granted! I am blessed with the best in every sense. I thank my teachers for everything. They will always hold such a special place in my heart. 

The next time you will hear from me will be when I am in HUNGARY! I can't even. Ah. I am so pumped. The unknown has never been so enticing. Never thought those words would come out of my mouth! 
Until next time, I love you all!!! 

Szeretlek,
Brooke 
(Gertsch Nővér)

Sneak Preview!!!!  Brooke in the Atlanta Airport on her way to Hungary!!! A wonderful girl noticed them and offered to take there picture!  Her mom is the admin on the “Missionary Mommas” Facebook page so I was able to see it and see her last few minutes on American soil!!!  

Budapest, Hungary- Here they come!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment