Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Full Steam Ahead! Week 24 Update

Brooke's email address: 


Teljes Gőzzel Előre!
(this happened to be a quote on my bottle cap and I found it quite fitting! It translates to “Full Steam Ahead!”)


This week was another long one, full of lessons and work, work, work!  Also, I have never experienced so much humidity in my LIFE!  Within one week, summer has made its way over to Szeged and I am slowly melting, but thank goodness for ice cream! Definitely missing ice and air conditioning, but the city still remains as beautiful as ever!  There are a bunch of fountains everywhere and we sometimes just sit and admire them for a minute or two.




While tracting, we met a couple of new friends!  Another little stray pup just started to join our tracting one day and although nobody was interested in our message that day, this little guy just made me so happy!  I wanted to take him home, but my companion said no, which was probably for the best, haha! 


I also almost stepped on a snail, but picked it up instead!  Never would I ever have before held a slimy snail, but hey – when in Hungary!



This weekend I also went to my first BBQ in Hungary!  A little bit similar to ones back at home, except there are no grills!  We sat around a fire like out camping and put chunks of meat and whole vegetables on a stick!  So much fun!  Feels like summer!


The transfer is just about over, two more weeks left with my amazing companion!  Change is so intimidating and scary but also inevitable, so I will try my best to adapt! Next transfer will also be my 6-month mark, which totally freaks me out because time has started picking up!




I wish I had some spiritual experiences with investigators and finding new ones, but this week, I feel like we hit a little wall!  A couple of our investigators are becoming less and less interested and don’t want to meet anymore.  It has been such a hard experience for me, because you invest so much energy into making sure this person feels the Spirit and understands everything and you think it is going so well – you can see their potential and their spirits lifted – only for them to not want it anymore.  It’s definitely a great lesson on patience and that everyone has the choice to choose with their free agency.  Don’t get me wrong, we still have a few solid investigators that are progressing and I am so incredibly happy for them and we still leave the apartment each day ready to find those that are prepared and ready as well!  Hope and faith, hope and faith.  Those two things are what I continuously am given opportunities to strengthen while on my mission so far! 


Sorry this week’s email was a shorter one, but life is so good and feelin’ happy and hopeful for tomorrow!  Love you all so very much and sending a big hug your way! 

Have a great week and take care!

Sok Szeretettel,

Gertsch Novér

No comments:

Post a Comment