Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Week 26 Update - Hello from Szeged... again!


Last week of the transfer was so bittersweet.  WE had to say so many “potential” goodbyes because it was a positive thing that one of us would be leaving.  Giullian Nővér and I couldn’t help but get extremely sentimental these past few days.  We had been companions for the last 4 months!  We were pretty much a married couple!  Well, even more because we were never apart!

4 months is a long time, but I wouldn’t have wanted to do it with anyone else!  Guillian Nővér is one of the most Christ-like and diligent people and set the ultimate example for me and I am going to strive to be the kind of missionary she is! She definitely got my mission off to a solid, obedient, and motivated start and I will always be forever thankful for her.  Change can be annoying at times, but it’s necessary and will be really refreshing and exciting

We had a long, busy last week together! We met with a bunch of people that we love so much, had a blast tracting, and just enjoyed each other’s’ company!


(Gillian Nover and me with one of our investigators, Andras.) 

CHERRIES, CHERRIES AND MORE CHERRIES!!!


There is this one néni that we go and help do yard work and I exchange, she cooks for us.  This week we picked a whole bunch of cherries and then she made us cheery soup! So delicious! I don’t think I could ever get sick of cherries!



(bottom photo: Guillian and me with the Elders and a member of our branch, Geza and his dog.)

CELEBRATED MY 6th MONTH MARK ON MY MISSION!

I celebrated with my favorite American soda!  Haha… time definitely flies when you are having fun!


A BAPTISM! IN CANADA?

Zsolt was one of the sweetest guys!  I met him one of the first days I was in the country as he was investigating the church.  He found a job opportunity in Canada and moved there during the transfer and it turns out that when he got there, the church welcomed him and took him in.  Before we knew it, he sent an email that he was going to get baptized.  So this past Saturday was his baptism and the missionaries over in Canada were able to set up Skype and we got to be there and watch it all.  The branch gathered together and we even got to hear everything translated to Hungarian!  Thank goodness for today’s technology!  We got to experience Zsolt’s special day and it was so incredible to see him so happy!  It was extremely weird for us to hear English, all of us missionaries actually listened to the translations instread of the English over skype… church in English will be so weird when I get back!  Anyway, happy for Zsolt and felt so lucky to have been there to experience that. 


THE PEOPLE

I feel like I say this a lot, but I LOVE the people here in Hungary with all my heart.  They are just like nobody I have ever met before.  When we told our investigators one of us would be leaving, we got a whole bunch of fruit and hugs and a cookbook! One member gave us a eal to take home after church, and our friends gave us cards and a little gift!  Some of the most thoughtful people over here, I swear! 



(Our English class!!! These people come every single Thursday to class and are so cute and really improving in the language! We are like a cute little family!)


(Szilvia- one of our amazing investigators)

TRANSFER CALLS

I don’t know about you, but I have been s curious as to what next transfer will be, and this week could not move fast enough!  But, finally, we got a call this morning and….

I’M STAYING IN SZEGED AGAIN!!!  This city just cannot get rid of me!  And I am so happy to be able to continue building and finding here!  A new companion will be a new experience and I am really excited. 



That’s all I really know right now, so I will have to update you more next week!


Hope you are having a wonderful summer!  Sending my love your way!

XOXO
Sok szeretettel,

Gertsch Nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment