Monday, June 27, 2016

Türelem Rozsát Térem - Week 28 Update




This week we had to try our very best to be patient.  A couple of our people cancelled on us, and of course, patience was very much needed with this crazy heat! Patience was actually the topic of a lesson we had with one of our investigators.  And as I was preparing in my personal study, I was actually the one that needed to learn a lesson.  With free agency and separate circumstances, people are only going to come to accept the gospel and it’s teachings all on their own.  A lot of times I feel like I am doing something wrong because we aren’t finding a whole lot of people to teach.  When we met with our investigator, I was struck with the Spirit because she is the ultimate example of patience.  She has been waiting for her marriage papers to be translated (she is from Romania and her marriage papers are in Romanian) for about a year, and without those papers, she can’t get baptized.  She is also the most patient person I have taught, she sits there with the biggest smile as I TRY to speak in Hungarian and always helps me.  And as we were sharing a few scriptures, she took a moment to encourage US to be patient with the people here and just keep the faith and keep working.  I never thought an investigator would be teaching me and would know exactly what I needed to hear!  Such a powerful moment.  The church is true! 



ZONE CONFERENCE was this week!  We have a lot of new missionaries in our zone because of transfers.  But it’s super awesome because Hughes Elder (one of the Elders that was in the MTC with me!!!) is now stuck with me and all of the missionaries are already so close! It’s going to be a good transfer! 



Zone Conference is always so motivating because we get to hear from our amazing Mission President, Szabadkai Elnők, and his amazing wife.  They gave us so much advice and support and I really learned a lot.  To save time, here is just one thing I loved and I know we can all apply it in every step in life.  Szadabkai Nővér shared a story about this father and son.  Long story short, the Mom’s wedding ring went missing and the Dad asked the son to help him look for it.  The little boy reached around to feel for the ring in a tall dresser drawer but found nothing.  The father watched as his son knelt down and said a little prayer.  After the prayer, he stood up and reached right back into the same drawer and found the ring.  Then he exclaimed, "Daddy, Heavenly Father gave me the finding power!"
And yeah, it was a really cute story but the point the father made was that the little boy immediately turned to the Lord when he needed help and then stood up with no doubt in his mind that the Lord would provide.  And I think that is so important!  To always pray, of course, but then to go through life ready and open for HIm to help and work through you. 
I know that if I have perspective like the little boy in the story, that I too, will have the power to find. 





Well that is all for this week!  Still melting more and more each day, but also falling more and more in love with this country and it’s people!



Stay happy and stay cool!

Sok Szeretettel,


Gertsch Nővér


No comments:

Post a Comment