Monday, June 6, 2016

OPTIMISM IS KEY! Week 25 Update

HAPPY JUNE EVERYONE!
This week I will hit my 6 months.  And this week is also the last week of my second transfer!  Next week is going to be full of change and I am so nervous.  My only companion I have had in the country will be leaving me (or I will be leaving her) and not knowing if I will be staying in the beautiful Szeged is a really crazy thought!  My companion, the people in the branch, the city, the investigators are all I have known for the past few months and I have become so comfortable and grown to love everything about this place. 
But I have started to realize that in a mission, change is inevitable and usually happens when you don’t want it to.  Although I may be extremely nervous and scared, I feel a growth within myself because with all of that, I am also so excited.  I have gotten so comfortable and as a result of that I feel like I have hit a plateau.  I just started going through the motions and not pushing myself.

 So this change will definitely be a challenge but I am so READY and it is much needed.  Next email, I will be able to update you all on what’s happening next transfer.  Praying this week goes by fast so I can find out already!

As for this past week, I don’t have much to write about.  A lot of people cancelled on us or did not show up for our programs, so I got to practice a lot of patience and optimism!
 Here’s a couple of highlights of the week:

-       We were out in a village visiting someone, and it worked out that we were outside right as the sun was setting, so I FINALLY was able to see the sunset and it was breathtaking!!!
-       The weather has been so crazy lately.  It will randomly rain and randomly stop.  Being from California, I am not used to rain in June, but it’s fun!  Gives us a break from the heat and makes for some killer clouds.  I have been staring up at the sky all week.  I’m obsessed!

-       We meet with this family that has little kids and they are my absolute favorites because I miss my little cousins so much and they fill the void until I am back with my family again!
-       We tracted into this néni (grandma) that opened the door with the biggest smile on her face and it never left her face as she invited us in and we got to talk with her.  Actually it was more like she talked to us for an hour and a half, but nonetheless, she was so happy and made me happy!


-       We celebrated with one of our investigators, Laci.  It was his birthday! 
-       CHERRY SEASON!  The past few days we have been going out to tract out by the family homes, or családi ház’s, and there are cheery trees EVERYWHERE!  How could you be sad or down when you can eat a whole bunch of cherries for FREE? Definitely going to have to get one in my backyard someday.  Our tracting breaks have been so delicious lately… I love it!
And that’s all I can really think of for this week.  Not too much of an update this P-Day – but next week will be one for sure!  I have such a love/hate relationship with change but I am ready to see what’s next for me!  A quote I heard back in the MTC has been helping a lot lately:

            “There’s no comfort in a growth zone and there’s no growth in a comfort zone”

It is so true!  I need to start growing, but that’s not going to happen if I stay in my safe, easy comfort zone!  It’s definitely easier said than done, but I am so lucky to have help and strength from my Heavenly Father, I just gotta take that scary leap!
I love you guys so much.  You are always in my thoughts and prayers and I appreciate you more than you will ever know! 
OPTIMISM IS KEY! 

Sok Szeretettel,

Gertsch Novér



No comments:

Post a Comment