Monday, May 22, 2017

It's All Getting Real

Week of May 9 - 15

“It’s All Getting Real”


Check it out!  I'm in the newspaper here!
IN BUDAPEST FOR ZONE CONFERENCE

Elder Kearon, a member of the Quorum of the 70 in our church came and did a training for us!  And I have to say it was one of the highlights of my mission.  He is a man of God and I learned so much from him.  But I think one of the the biggest things I loved was his focus on choosing to be happy.  Currently, I have been kind of freaking out about the future, when I really need to just be happy with the now and make every day a happy day.  

Mission Leadership Council with Elder Kearon
The next day we had a Mission Leadership Council with all of the leaders in the mission, led by Elder Kearon and with those two experiences, he gave me so much perspective and motivation to not only end strong, but to keep going strong even when I am back home.  I had to give my “departing testimony” at the Zone Conference and attempted to do the impossible task of expressing my feelings about my mission and my testimony - IN TWO MINUTES.  I only cried a little and gave a simple testimony of what my mission has taught me.   But it was perfect, because that is me - simple.  All in all, these retrospective moments are starting to truly amaze me and it is incredible to see where I stand today.  
This week I have been starting the “see you soon’s” to some of my very best friends and it is not easy.  But I am forever thankful for the friendships I have made out here  They are some of the most special and irreplaceable ones I will ever have. 

Here are some pictures with captions from the week:

at one of the meetings last week, Robinson Testver (our teacher from the MTC) popped in and it was so cool to see how far we have come and how old we have gotten haha.JPG

going to Budapest every time I just fall more and more in love with this country. I got called to serve in the most beautiful country

because we had to stay the night in Budapest, i got to go on slits with the incredible SWENSON NŐVÉR aka one of my best friends. you know its a special friendship when you can have so much fun while being a missionary and working hard
while tracting, we got a let in and found a potential investigator who is in a jazz band.

so many throwbacks! This is Edina and Janka, I did skype TRC with them in the MTC- back when i couldnt speak more than 3 words in hungarian!!! 
I have learned and realized that I can't ignore the fact that in a little, I will be finishing this chapter of my life.  In all honesty, I don't know if I can get myself to leave this country, it's culture ESPECIALLY the Hungarian people, my mission president and his wife, and all of my missionary friends.  I have fallen in love with the missionary life and this work.



But, the time is getting closer to opening a new door and I am going to do all I can to be happy.  These next few weeks are going to be absolutely crazy, but I am ready to continue to love and serve the Lord with all my heart.  I’ve said it before, but I will say it again - 

I love my mission  I love the person I have become because of my mission and am ETERNALLY grateful of the relationships I have made here in Hungary.  

God is Good - Life is Good

Theme song for the week - “Don’t worry - be happy”  
when the train is running late right before Mothers Day Skype....
Mother's Day Skype!

sok sok szeretettel, 

Gertsch Nővér 

A few more pictures of mission friends- 
Brantley Nover- Former companion 
Csolity nővér! the hungarian sister that we met in the MTC. she is now home from her mission
Hughes Elder- MTC district 
Smith Nover - former companion 
Miller Elder - MTC district 
Swenson Nover - great mission friend and soon to be college roommate!
Mission District with our MTC teacher Robinson Testver

No comments:

Post a Comment