Friday, August 7, 2015

Finding Happy.

My friend Savanah and I are really good at imagining these extremely exciting adventures. Our most recent one was driving down to Dixon where we heard there were some pretty rad sunflower fields. We would take a blanket, have a picnic, take some pictures, have a bunch of fun! Little did we know the life-span of these flowers (and in retrospect, we probably could have checked the reviews online before...) BUT we packed up some snacks and drove for an hour and a half, stopped by a fruit stand, and pulled up to the field. Those sunflowers were SO not sunny! Very much so wilted and dead. On my own, I probably would have screamed or thrown a tantrum because we had driven so far for nothing. But I had chosen the right companion for this trip! Sav pulled out the blanket and headed for some shade in the dirt and we sat, laughing and joking about the situation we had gotten in. Although the alive, pretty sunflowers would have made for a great view and some good pictures, I am actually content with the way things worked out. Now we have such a funny story to tell and a memory that I will treasure forever. Moral of the story? Find friends that help you to make the best of every situation! and if you can't find any- be one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment