Monday, August 31, 2015

I left my heart in San Francisco



San Francisco is probably one of my most favorite places that I visit (so far)  There is just something about the hustle and bustle or the new yet familiarity of the city that excites me and makes me want to go back every weekend! This last week I went with my friend, Tom, who's from France and to see him sit in awe and fall in love with the city made me reflect on how lucky I am to live so close to it. Obviously he probably has a similar feel with France and hopefully one day I can go out and visit him and drool over his country's beauty, but for now I will do that over wherever I can get in my little Honda CRV! 

Funny memory of that day: we started out in Union Square, then walked through China town trying to find California socks for Tom. Didn't find any- so we decided to go shopping at Abercrombie over on Market Street! It was a nice walk, we got there, shopped, had lunch. There was a lost credit card and another turn of events... Long story short, we walked a lot. 

But we didn't mind! Around every corner was such a beautiful sight. We most definitely looked like tourists, trying to capture the beauty we were seeing with our eyes. Most of the time, our cameras could not do justice. Then I had the lovely idea to show him Pier 39! If any of you don't know, that is about an hour and twenty minutes walking on foot. Which we decided to do. Haha at least we burned off some calories from the food we had eaten! 

Such a good sport :')


After that I could not even fathom turning around to walk back so we hopped on one of those seats where a guy on a bike drives you around. And to think the day couldn't get better! It was so fun to be able to sit and just look around. George was a very good tour guide and saved us from walking our feet off.


I know I just took forever to tell a short story of my day in the bay, but I just love reminiscing! Especially now that tom went home and I won't be able to ever relive this day! I had such a perfect travel companion, who had a great taste in music and was such a fun, crazy, adventurous companion that went with the flow with me! 


Merci pour la mémoire, San Francisco! ❤️ 



& see you soon my friend!






No comments:

Post a Comment