Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Going & Doing.


As a kid, I remember the older boys leaving and going on missions. I never gave really any thought to it. But now, I am at the age where I am watching my friends leave and go on missions! It's making me feel super old. In my mind, I still feel like we are all 15 and not responsible enough to make all of these big life decisions! But here we are, doing just that. Last night I had to say a last goodbye to my close friend, mason, before he left for his mission in England. As hard as it was, knowing I wouldn't be able to shoot him a text and get one back instantly (or the next day in his case) or being able to drive around and listen to his music or just hang out- I am so excited for him. The mission is going to be so good for him and I know the people in England need him. So many friends are out there doing good and it's so crazy that I am able to call them my friends. Dallin just left, Tori, Emily, Jessica, Colin, Daniel, Jake, Robbie, the list goes on and on!!! I have also stayed in touch with my two other best friends- Matt and Noah- that are out in Argentina and the Philippines, and it is inspiring to hear all of their stories and to watch them grow. 

A little while back I actually made the decision of serving a mission as well! It had been a thought in my mind for such a long time and I kept ignoring it. But one day, I actually let it be an option and started moving in that direction, and here I am! I have never felt so at peace and excited to go out in the world and serve the Lord and bring happiness to people I know exists in the gospel. And I am the absolute luckiest to have so many friends as an example to me and that I can lean on. And the support. I can't even find the words! EVERY person I know is so supportive and I couldn't imagine going through this experience without it! I know it won't be the easiest thing to do, but with the people in my life and the Lord on my side, I can do it! (Sorry that's totally cheesy but I couldn't resist because it's totally true.) 

Anyway, I will keep you posted! 
Xoxoxo

mace, now in MTC on his way to being a missionary speaking Polish in England. Can already see him now- in his glasses and trench coat roaming the cobblestone streets haha
Matthew, fluent Spanish speaking it up in Argentina. A faithful pen pal that I look forward to hearing from every Monday. Love seeing him grow.
All three of these boys are out serving. Can't wait for these two years to be done so we can exchange our stories!❤️


And Noah. Also very faithful with his emails and very influential to me. He has become such a spiritual giant and always has the best advice to give me. Love his guts and am so proud of the man he's becoming!





Final thought: GOD IS GOOD. The church is true. Once again, love the people in my life and am forever blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment